We did a small update to rbx.fr today, because we want to test a feature that we call "ssl on demand". It allows us to use the same port for normal and sll connections. This feature got activated for all IRC-ports on rbx.fr now. Just try out the ssl-on-demand on rbx.fr.
* we patched an extra filter for the UTF-8 validator of the websocket code
* reactivated the async-auth process for our community feature.
2013-05-27 | Author: Vampirin
Some keystones about the 1.3.2->1.3.4 euircd upgrade that will take place during the next week (night between wednesday and thursday)
(rbx.fr is running the intermediate version for some weeks now)
- native 64bit, kevent/epoll socket engine, new async DNS resolver, new async iAuth, which leads to a much shorter connect process, lesser latency and higher overall performance of the euircd
- added DNSBL (RBL) support, during connect, which will lock out any listed IPs in efnet, dronebl, sectoor, ahbl for now
- fixed line-endings (there was the <CR> missing, reported by some users)
- added CAP support (client capability negotiation)
- fixed ISUPPORT (005 numeric) to full "RFC" compliance
- added CAP mutli-prefix (NAMESX) - send all prefix on join
- added CAP tls (STARTTLS) - used by kvirc for example
- added CAP user-color - each user can choose an individual chat-color
* was/is used by the euIRC java applet (/setcolor command)
* we will add this to our new webchat client soon(tm)
- implemented an "maintenance" mode to redirect users to other servers
* redirect will choose an appropriate std. port
- implemented websocket support and made qwebirc to use it. this increases the performance of this webchat clients and allows us to get rid of the resource hungry python backend.
- here a short list of ports:
* 6660 - compatibility mode
* 6663 - no ident request
* 6666~6669 - std. ports
* 6697, 6999 - ssl
2013-05-05 | Author: Vampirin
After all the good news for the last weeks these aren't pleasing. Several members of the euIRC-team decided to leave. These are DarkBlood, Dragon, Herr_Vorragend, Majadon, Noxx and satmd. Together they worked over years on euIRC, keept it together and always had time to help a user in distress.
We thank you for that. The world (of IRC) is small, so we will meet somewhere again.
2013-05-02 | Author: mensch
Here is a short explanation what happened yesterday.
The troulbe started at 19:47 GMT+2, and was caused by a kernel bug of the hub server. This bug caused all timers to stop and was leading to disconnects and reconnects of all servers. During this netjoins a similar bug caused a rare condition and was setting nearly all channelmodes on some of the older 32bit servers. Well, this wouldn't be a problem when not this servers were doing some more reconnects and started to push their broken channels back into the network.
To fix this issue, we had to restart all servers and import a backup of our network cloud storage (this contains all channelmodes, bans, badword lists etc.). We had all set up again, but one of the old servers wasn't restarted and poisoned the network again. Ok, another restart and backup import, but this time we checked every server carefully before linking it back to central. solved around 21:30 GMT+2
Sry to all german t-com customers, the backup was taken one day before t-com changed the hosts to dip0.t- ipconnect.de, so bans, invex and accesslists regarding this domain have to be set again.
2013-04-23 | Author: Vampirin
During the last weeks our servers have been updated to the latest version of euircd.
The most important changes:
Web IRC is now completely supported
SSL is available now
you can connect now via ssl on port +6697 (or +6999)
Client certs are available
You may use now a client certficate (S/MIME) from StartSSL to identify yourself with nickserv
New usermode +T
When you connect via ssl, you'll get usermode +T
/mode #channel +T
You may only join a channel with channelmode +T set with usermode +T (SSL only). Founder only may set this mode.
New command /tlsinfo
You may check your SSL connection status by using the /tlsinfo command.
Only returns a result on a secure connection.
AWAY bug fixed
All the servers notice now when a user "comes back". There were several problems in past.
CHANNEL: AKICK bans bug fixed
Under certain circumstances an entry on channels AKICK list doesn't match a users vhost.
This bug has been fixed.
Channel ban-, exception-, badword-, invitelist
100 lines for a total of ban-, exception-, badword- and Invitelist for a channel can now be achieved. Previously this was not possible due to a memory limit of 1kb. This is increased to a buffer size of 4kb.
When you register a channel you'll automatically get
founder status (+q).
Statushandling at restart
Services takes users status from euIRC cloud. If you were identified before the services got restarted you'll still be identified when the services are back.
No nickchange to guestxy.
The services do not create an enforcer-nick anymore instead the nick is locked (quarantained). So nick collides and zombie nicks are reduced.
2013-04-21 | Author: Vampirin